We want to remind you that the “Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure” will be held on Saturday, April 18th. Set-up for the race may affect traffic on major streets Friday evening, and the Saturday event will greatly affect both traffic and parking on-campus.
The race will begin and end on New York St. and will involve more than 25,000 participants.
- New York St. will be closed during the event on Saturday morning, 4/18 at 7:00 a.m. and should re-open by noon.
- Blackford St. (from Michigan St. to the Canal) will be closed from 6 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- University Blvd. south of Michigan will close at 8:00 a.m.
- Anyone needing access to the Natatorium and the Sports Center will have to use Barnhill Dr. and should plan to park in lots north of New York St. – you won't be able to exit the Natatorium parking garage until New York St. opens again at noon.
- Anyone parked south of New York St. after 7:00 a.m. should expect to be there until approximately 12:00 noon.
The easiest access to campus before and during the race will be from the West St. exits of I-65 (Exit 114). Students & faculty coming from the east should use Michigan St. and those coming from the west should use 10th St.
The Blackford St. garage and the Barnhill garage will be reserved for IUPUI permits during this event. Please visit www.parking.iupui.edu to verify if your permit is valid at these locations.
Anyone needing access to the Natatorium and the Sports Center will have to use Barnhill Dr. and should plan to park in lots north of New York St. If you do not have a valid permit to park on the lots, you will need to park in the Vermont Street Garage. Hourly rates will apply.
Traffic on Michigan St. and West St. will be congested before the event.
More information and maps may be found on the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation web site at http://indy.info-komen.org/site/PageServer?pagename=IND_TR_racedayinfo.